Profile couldn't be created. Probably the chosen folder isn't writable.
Profile couldn't be created. Probably the chosen folder isn't writable. [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIToolkitProfileService.createProfile]" nsresult: "0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://mozapps/content/profile/createProfileWizard.js :: onFinish :: line 196" data: no]
This issue can be caused by a problem with the profiles.ini file or with the permissions (owner) of involved folders.
You can use one of these to make Firefox create a new default profile or recover an existing profile:
- Delete the profiles.ini file to make Firefox create a new (default) profile
- Use the Profile Manager to create a new profile
If you still have an existing profile then click "Choose Folder" in the Profile Manager and browse to the location of a lost profile to recover this profile
You should find the profiles.ini file in this hidden location:
- Windows: %AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\
- Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/
- Linux: ~/.mozilla/firefox/
If clearing the profiles.ini file isn't working then also check the location of the cache files.
- Windows: *C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile>\
- Mac: ~/Library/Caches/Firefox/Profiles/
You can also try to rename/delete the \Mozilla\Firefox\ folder in both above mentioned locations (main, cache).