why is mozilla now blocking kickass torrents at www.kickass.cr?
Kickass Torrents is a very popular torrent site, yet I find suddenly that it is blocked by firefox as a potential phishing site. This does not bode well for mozilla's reputation for supporting an open internet and freedom of choice. I found no way in the settings to even add or delete an individual exception to this site-blocking feature without completely disabling the blocking of attack sites and web forgeries.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.8.20082
- Creative Cloud Desktop Plugin.v_3_0_0_0
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- Google Update
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- LastPass Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Please provide some links that we can check out.
Mozilla nor the Firefox web browser really block any websites.
It looks like it is due to the Google safe browsing feature due to a third-party advertiser.
Mozilla nor the Firefox web browser really block any websites. It looks like it is due to the Google safe browsing feature due to a third-party advertiser. http://www.techtimes.com/articles/93739/20151010/chrome-and-firefox-kick-out-kickass-torrents-due-to-harmful-programs.htm
I get where you're coming from, but that opens up another question - why is firefox integrating google software into it's product? If I wanted Google, I'd surf with Chrome. Google already has enough of an influence on the world., and it keeps getting more while it grows exponentially bigger. This is just the tip of the iceberg I'm sure. I'm no conspiracy nut, but it's beginning to look like George Orwell was right about big brother, but wrong about who Big Brother would be.
I'm no conspiracy nut, but it's beginning to look like George Orwell was right about big brother, but wrong about who Big Brother would be.
you can try a vpn (in my locale kickass is alive and....kicking) :-)