You Tube Videos Only Play After Computer Restart
I'm a musician and I need access to You Tube videos. I didn't have any luck on their forum, and the Firefox Forum rocks, so:
The You Tube videos only play after a complete computer restart. This is on Windows 7 on a Lenovo laptop.
All I get is the spinning circle. This occurs even if I just put the computer to sleep.
I'm using the HTML5 protocol.
Merely restarting Firefox does not help. Neither does using Internet Explorer.
I'd appreciate any suggestions.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.8.20082
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Google Update
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Lexis Advance® Download and Print Plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
- see if there are updates for your graphics drive drivers
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Flash 11.3+ on Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337 See also:
I do think Flash might have something to do with it, but I'm trying to use the HTML5 - am I correct that Flash is thus not involved?
I've had lots of problems with Flash - I get the "shockwave flash is busy" script all the time, so I've set it to only work when I permit it to do so.
I can't get videos on the news channels (CNN, MSNBC, etc.) either.
What if I just totally disable Flash in the add-ons?
Thanks, I'll try the updates first and report my progress with the suggestions...
I downloaded the latest version of Flash, and so far, so good; it works.
I checked my add-ons, and Shockwave Flash is disabled.
I'll report my progress and hopefully the issue is solved. I'll of course mark it so if so.
I went to MSNBC.com and simply read an article.
Once again, You Tube does not work.
So the problem must have something to do with other websites?
Or is it just a time factor?
I've called the big guys to help you. Good luck.