Firefox not opening with tabs from last session
I use Firefox on a PC, version 41. Typically, when I close Firefox at the end of the day, there are five or six open tabs. When I open it the next morning, all I get is the home page. I've set Firefox to remember history, What else should I check?
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer 220.127.116.11
- DivX Plus Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 22.214.171.124
- Google Update
- Logitech Harmony Remote Plugin
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- DjVu Plug-In(external version 126.96.36.1993)
- Logitech Device Detection
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Picasa plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- A component of your photo software powered by RocketLife
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- Widevine Technologies, Inc. Digital Rights Management and Video Optimization
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Winamp Application Detector
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- thinkorswim loader
- thinkDesktop configuration loader
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
You may have corrupt sessionstore file(s).
Type about:support in the address bar and press enter.
Under the page logo on the left side you will see Application Basics. Under this find Profile Folder. To it’s right press the button Show Folder. This will open your file browser to the current Firefox profile. Now Close Firefox.
Locate the sessionstore file(s).. Then rename or delete them. Restart Firefox.
Separate Issue; Your System Details shows;
Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
Having more than one version of a program may cause issues. You must remove the older programs. Then get the current full installer.
Note: Edge on Win10 does not use ActiveX version but its own Flash.
Then reinstall the latest version.
Flash Player Version 184.108.40.206
https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html Note: Windows users must download the “Internet Explorer” and “Plugin-based browsers” installers.
Hi, good advice from FredMcD, but also make sure that 'When Firefox starts' is set to 'Show my windows and tabs from last time.' - see How to set the home page.
In case you use "Clear history when Firefox closes" or otherwise clear history.
- do not clear the Browsing History
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" > Settings
- Clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, passwords, and other website specific data.
- Clearing Cookies will remove all selected cookies including cookies with an allow exception that you want to keep.
You can check for problems with the sessionstore.js file in the Firefox profile folder that stores session data. When sessionstore.js is deleted you lose App Tabs and Tab Groups and open tabs and you will have to recreate them, so if necessary make a note or bookmark them.
You can use this button to go to the current Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)