Firefox starts with multiple windows, each on for an addon installation
When I start Firefox, for the first time after starting Win 10, it opens with a tab for the installation of each of my addons, eg: Roboform etc. I go through the process of adding them, or just close the tabs and everything works OK. If I do a PC shutdown or restart it happens again. I am running Win 10 Pro 64bit. I have tried refreshing Firefox and also done a complete uninstall / restart / install. I have scanned my PC for Malware /virus and it is clean. Please help. Regards, Ken
- ABR_AUSkey Plugin Mozilla Component
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.5"
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.12
- Content Blocker Extension
- Google Update
- Logitech Harmony Remote Plugin
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Online Banking Extension
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealDownloader Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- Virtual Keyboard
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Note: Some software, like Advanced SystemCare with Surfing Protection, can protect files in the Firefox profile folder against changes. If you have such software then check the settings or uninstall this software.
If the above did not help,
It is possible that there is a problem with the file(s) that store the extensions registry.
Delete the extensions.* files (e.g. extensions.json, extensions.sqlite, extensions.ini) and compatibility.ini in the Firefox profile folder to reset the extensions registry.
New files will be created when required.
See "Corrupt extension files":
Type about:support in the address bar and press enter.
Under the page logo on the left side you will see Application Basics. Under this find Profile Folder. To it’s right press the button Show Folder. This will open your file browser to the current Firefox profile. Now Close Firefox.
Locate the files. Then rename or delete it. Restart Firefox.
Separate Issue; Your System Details shows;
Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.5"
Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.12
Having more than one version of a program may cause issues. You must remove the older programs. Then get the current full installer.