Twitter videos will not play on Firefox 40.0.3 on XP
Firefox 40.0.3 has stopped playing Twitter videos on my 2 computers which run XP. One of the two computers is a laptop I rarely use but has also coincidentally stopped playing videos embedded on Twitter web pages such as https://twitter.com/robbiegreyhound/status/642041948799397889
"This browser does not support video playback." is displayed over the video, see attached image.
Have tried Firefox Safe Mode. Video drivers on both computers are current. Both computers can play video from other websites eg YouTube, abc.net.au/news, no problem. Only videos on the Twitter website produce this problem.
Thanks for any help.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.8
- DjVu browser plugin
- Google Update
- Hola VLC media player Web Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.199
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
image didn't attach with original post
It's not you. It's the web page. I had the same problem, and my viewers work. I also have download managers that check web pages for videos to download. Try contacting the web site support.
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, Twitter does not respond to requests for help.
I can view Twitter videos with Chrome but Chrome does not play nice with XP, loads up RAM until PC crashes.
I've called the big guys to help you. Good luck.
Thanks much, Fred, most appreciated.