Can't log in through WVDE for youtube videos. IE and Chrome gives you an option to go ahead. I can't use Firefox in my classroom. Any suggestions?
This Connection is Untrusted: I've tried adding exceptions but it still won't work. WVDE- West Virginia Dept of Ed - We have to go through Webtop and log in to get on youtube. Any suggestions?
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 15.008.20082
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.1.8
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
Check if the school is using any blockers.
This Connection is Untrusted is sometimes caused because the computer system clock is wrong. Check the time / date / time zone settings.
Yes, they are blocking but we log in through the state server and have been able to accept risk. This just started about a month ago. We can accept the risk with IE and type in danger with Chrome and it works. I have a Mac and don't have IE on my computer. Chrome won't let you download a video to show in class. Streaming doesn't always work with our connection. I prefer to use Firefox for videos.
I've called the big guys to help you. Good luck.
If you have Real Player on your system, it has a built in web browser.
If you have Avast then try to disable HTTPS scanning in Avast Web Shield.
If you can't inspect the certificate via "I Understand the Risks" then try this:
Open the "Add Security Exception" window by pasting this chrome URL in the Firefox location/address bar and check the certificate:
In the location field of this window type or paste the URL of the website.
- retrieve the certificate via the "Get certificate" button
- click the "View..." button to inspect the certificate in the Certificate Viewer
You can inspect details like the issuer and the certificate chain in the Details tab of the Certificate Viewer. Check who is the issuer of the certificate. If necessary then you can attach a screenshot that shows the certificate viewer.
Tried the above: Unable to obtain identification status for this site.