I hate the way Firefox saves favorites--why do I need to click on the star, then click on the favorites tab, then find the website I just added, then move it to
To finish my question.... "....move it to the proper folder?" I should be able to click on the star and immediately move the site to the folder I want it in.
Also, when trying to reorganize my favorites I ended up deleting a ton of them by deleting those in the "recently bookmarked" folder--i.e., when I deleted them from that folder, they deleted from the folders I had put them in--which I had no intention of doing!!! Why would you set it up to work that way, when it should be so simple?!?
hi, just click on the star-icon a second time if you want to edit the details of a bookmark you just added. the "last bookmarked" folder is a so called smart bookmark folder - it will link to those 10 bookmarks you have recently added (regardless of where they are filed). many people find this a useful tool, if you don't then you can remove it by right-clicking on the folder and deleting it. this way you will not remove the bookmarks themselves...
- "Most Visited" and "Recently Bookmarked" and "Recent Tags" are examples of so called Smart Bookmarks folders and are not real existing folders.
- Smart folders show a list created by a query of the places.sqlite database that stores bookmarks and history in Firefox.
- Smart folder lists show a maximum of 10 entries by default.
- Bookmarks and history items that show up in a smart folder list are stored elsewhere in another folder and any changes made are applied to the real bookmark or history item.
- If you remove an entry then the list is shifted up and a new entry that wasn't shown previously is added to show 10 entries.