Themes suddenly started working after computer suddenly restarting due to virus clean up
My themes on Firefox were not working since god knows when. I downloaded fonts from Dafont and then my antivirus software detected a virus. I restarted the computer to continue with the virus clean up. I opened Firefox, and then and all the themes suddenly worked.
Can anyone explain this to me? I don't believe in chances in this situation.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.12
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.40.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Roblox Launcher Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.206
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
It's possible the virus was inside your computer and was trying to corrupt Firefox's profile, causing issues.
You should do some more scans to make sure there is nothing left:
Tyler Downer said
It's possible the virus was inside your computer and was trying to corrupt Firefox's profile, causing issues. You should do some more scans to make sure there is nothing left:
What I meant was that why did themes suddenly start working after restarting my computer?
It's possible that after removing the virus, and restarting, it removed it from your Firefox profile, enabling themes again. There are many variables and without being able to see it before when it wasn't working, I'm not able to say what exactly happened.
I'm just glad it's working again for you!
Still finding it uncomfortable that I don't know how it happened.
Unfortunately without more details or the ability to know what was even happening before I can't really help you, but I wouldn't worry myself too much about it :)
Locking duplicate thread. Please continue in your other thread: