Why can't I connect with my online banking
Here is the error message I've been receiving for nearly a week:
The connection to web9.secureinternetbank.com was interrupted while the page was loading.
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified. Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
I've cleared cache and cookies. I've checked issue with Apple, Comcast, and Columbia Bank. I've disconnected router and modem and restarted. I am unable to log in from any other computer but my own. Apple says problem is between bank and firefox but bank seems clueless about what to do and so am I. Please help.
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Logitech Harmony Browser Plug-In 220.127.116.11
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- LogMeIn remote control components
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
hi jodimaca, if the bank really cannot figure on their own that they need to update the encryption configuration on their server to something contemporary, this doesn't sound particularly worthy of trusting them with your financial data.
in particular they should provide support for TLS 1.1. and 1.2 and retire the RC4 cipher suite they seem to use exclusively - this is considered broken now and browser need to stop supporting it soon: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7465 https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=web9.secureinternetbank.com
specifically this change in firefox 37 will cause the secure connection to the site to fail and lead to the error message you are seeing: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1084025
you might want to forward this information to your bank...