How do you keep images from saving as "unknown.ext"?
When saving images, sometimes (but more often than I care to tolerate) the name defaults to "unknown.ext". Is there any solution outside of typing out a new name and extension type.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.1994
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r45
- Unity Player 4.5.0f6
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
Please uninstall older versions of plugins in order to avoid security issues:
Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
Shockwave Flash 9.0 r45
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- Anti-Rootkit Utility - TDSSKiller
- AdwCleaner (for more info, see this alternate AdwCleaner download page)
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!