The plus sign next to Tabs no longer opens a Tab--only a window; How can I open Tabs again?
I all ready tried the following 6 ways: 1. in options, checked "open in new tab instead of window" 2. right click, selected "open in new tab" 3. clicked on plus sign next to tab 4. cleared history/cache. 5. closed out Firefox. 6. shut down computer and restarted.
- I used to use Tabs liberally. They just disappeared. I'm using Vista.
Just remembered that Conduit add-ons (in Extensions or in Plugins) can break the the "+" button making it do nothing. Shouldn't cause it to open a new window, however.從原來的回覆中察看解決方案 👍 0
I haven't heard of this before. Do you have the problem even in a new window you open by hand using Ctrl+n?
I noticed on your extensions list two extensions that other users generally prefer to remove: Toolbar Browser and Top Arcade Hits. Could you try removing those to see whether that helps? Since they may have originated as part of a bundle, I suggest starting here:
(1) Open the Windows Control Panel, Uninstall a Program. After the list loads, click the "Installed on" column heading to group the infections, I mean, additions, by date. This can help in smoking out undisclosed bundle items that snuck in with some software you agreed to install. Take out as much trash as possible here.
(2) Open Firefox's Add-ons page using either:
- "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons
In the left column, click Extensions. Then, if in doubt, disable (or Remove, if possible) unrecognized and unwanted extensions.
Often a link will appear above at least one disabled extension to restart Firefox. You can complete your work on the tab and click one of the links as the last step.
(3) You can search for remaining issues with the scanning/cleaning tools listed in our support article: Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware. These on-demand scanners are free and take considerable time to run. If they finish quickly and especially if they require payment, you may have a serious infection. I suggest the specialized forums listed in the article in that case.
Just remembered that Conduit add-ons (in Extensions or in Plugins) can break the the "+" button making it do nothing. Shouldn't cause it to open a new window, however.
The Add Google Search To New Tab Page add-on isn't needed any longer; might be related to your problem. A feature like that was added to Firefox a few versions ago.
Thank you so much. I followed your suggestions. My Tabs are working again.
Thanks for the quick suggestions.
由 KimPowers 於 修改