both desktop and laptop flicker with black bands when looking at my site, ferrella.com, does not happen in IE
when viewing my site ferrella.com which uses a wow slider about 8-9 images in on the portfolio pages the images start to flicker and a black band appears on the bottom, also occurs on my laptop which then freezes, both high end dell machines super fast internet connection, and it does not happen in IE, i have emptied cache and history and reinstalled firefox to default settings and have turned off the acceleration thingy, help!
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Creative Cloud Desktop Plugin.v_2_0_0_0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.71.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.9
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
On my Windows 7, I can't figure out the progression: sometimes it seems to start and run fairly quickly, other times it seems to just stop. So I haven't been able to get 8-9 images into a page without clicking, which might not be giving the same results.
See if there are updates for your graphics drive drivers https://support.mozilla.org/kb/upgrade-graphics-drivers-use-hardware-acceleration
i did this and there was an update for my video card, i installed that and it still is doing the same, since IE uses my video card and it works perfectly in IE i would gather that this wasn't going to work and it did not, thanks tho, i think the problem is in a mozilla setting?? any further ideas?
I've called the big guys to help you. Good luck.
Hi thomasf, Thank you for your question, I understand that in the mentioned website there are some black links that display when the images change.
I would be happy to investigate the compatibility of the particular graphics drivers that are located on the information of the about:support page.
However if we cannot reach a better approach to this the wow slider also has a support contact on their website: "For troubleshooting, feature requests, and general help, contact Image Slider Customer Support at Mail." source
the black lines are not part of the graphic design, they are intermittent black bands that run horizontally along the bottom of the image, they and the flickering occur around image nine on any of my portfolio pages. AND it works perfectly in IE, in fact it works perfectly on other computers with firefox and IE, just not on my 2 computers here at home with firefox. i have upgraded the video card and i have reinstalled firefox and have turned off the accelerator and none of these fixes work, I AM BACK TO USING INTERNET EXPLORER! thanks for your consideration and btw WOW has no idea why either
I am seeing two black lines on the page.
One is on the very bottom of the picture. This is the video control.
The second black line (red circle) is a picture selector. As the pictures change, the line walks across the screen.
here is an example of what is happening on my page in FIREFOX only not INTERNET EXPLORER.
You can try to disable OMTC and leave hardware acceleration in Firefox enabled.
- about:config page: layers.offmainthreadcomposition.enabled = false
You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. You can accept the warning and click "I'll be careful" to continue.
maybe slightly better - maybe, tho still quite a nuisance, it is uncanny how this disruption happens on image 9 on any portfolio page and once the entire portfolio page has been viewed the next time around during the slide show the flickering and black lines are less frequent, is that a cache thing?
由 thomasf 於 修改