I am an IT professional and I am very annoyed with Firefox because video won't stay full screen on second monitor&have tried all posted solutions and none work.
I stopped using Firefox a few years ago because it had too many bugs compared to some other browsers. I decided to try it again but I may go back to using other browsers. Besides the issue of video not staying full screen on my second second monitor, Firefox crashes a lot. I have wasted a lot of time trying the posted solutions in firefox support and looking on the net for a solution. Nothing works. It amazes me that Firefox still has this issue when other browsers don't.
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- The IcedTea-Web Plugin executes Java applets.
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- The Videos 3.10.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
I understand that you are an IT professional and that you have come to revisit Firefox and have found that it crashes and fullscreen mode on a second monitor will not stay in full screen. I understand the annoyance. However in order to investigate the crash, the crash reports are needed. To file a bug the basic troubleshooting steps are to try in Safe Mode, which disable acceleration, add ons etc.
In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and then go back to your forum question and paste that into the "Post a Reply" box. (Please don't take a screenshot of your crashes, just copy and paste the ID's. The below image is just an example of what your Firefox screen should look like)
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.