Firefox crashing on start (may be related to Zotero)
Both Firefox and Zotero standalone crash immediately after opening. (I recently upgraded to Yosemite OS and upgraded to a new iMac desktop. However, the crashing did not immediately begin after OS upgrade and appears to be affecting the old computer as well.) I've tried the following: uninstalling Zotero and Firefox (including deleting Application Support files, including files in MS Word) and reinstalling. I've tried uninstalling one and only installing the other (e.g., uninstall Zotero and reinstall only Firefox, or the reverse), but nothing seems to work. When I open Firefox in under a different user account, it appears to work fine, which would seem to indicate the problem is hidden in some preferences file or other plugin that I don't know about. Help?
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2125.111 Safari/537.36
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing when you open it. Please do the following to give us crash IDs that will help us understand more about the crash.
- (OS X 10.6 or previous) Click the Finder icon in the dock. Your home folder will be selected. In the right side of the window, click the Library folder to open it. Then open the "Application Support" folder, the "Firefox" folder, the "Crash Reports" folder and finally the "submitted" folder.
(OS X 10.7 or above) Click the Finder icon in the dock. On the menu bar, click the Go menu, hold down the option or alt key and select Library. A window will open containing your Library folder. Then open the "Application Support" folder, the "Firefox" folder, the "Crash Reports" folder and finally the "submitted" folder.
- Open the 5 most recent files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
Curtis Parfitt-Ford Mozilla Support
I only have the three most recent. Here they are: bp-3c5cb711-0926-4ea9-8943-5f4aa2141101 bp-4a329fb1-bdce-4ac0-8798-a0d3d2141101 bp-cb5c7be0-53ea-4dff-8ea3-6f6ed2141101
Thanks so much for your time, Curtis.
These were flagged in the crash reports;
fbplugin = Facebook
Flagged items on the crash website only mean that this file isn't compiled to include symbols, so the crash reporter isn't able to provide info about the location where the crash occurred.
You will have to disable the fbplugin to stop the crashes.
- bug 1086977 - [10.10] Facebook's old "Facebook Photo Uploader" (fbplugin) crashes on load on OS X Yosemite
Please do not comment in bug reports