How to remove "banner ads don't work"
Re: Windows 8.1 - "Banner ads don't work" just seized my computer. I can't seem to find a solution. Can somebody rescue me from this hellish situation. I'm desperate.
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.67.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Inquisit Mozilla Plugin 184.108.40.206
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Inquisit Mozilla Plugin 220.127.116.11
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0
Separate Issue for after the problem is removed. Your System Details shows;
Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0 Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
Having more than one version of a program may cause issues.
Flash is notorious for not cleaning out the older version as part of an update. Grab the uninstaller from here: Uninstall Flash Player | Windows Uninstall Flash Player | Mac Then reinstall the latest version.
Shockwave Flash v18.104.22.168 http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- Anti-Rootkit Utility - TDSSKiller
- AdwCleaner (for more info, see this alternate AdwCleaner download page)
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thank you, Fred, for that excellent bit of advice. Your help was much appreciated.
Thank you, Fred. I was finally able to get rid of it with MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware.
Best wishes, and many thanks for your assistance.