how can i retrieve saved ppt downloaded by firefox, not active to open from downloads?
i downloaded a ppt 2013 document from my email using firefox, worked on it, was hitting save button several times. when done, i couldn't retrieve it. I see inactive ppt doc on the downloads section of mozilla on the right upper area that can't be open.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.8
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
You should always use Save As to save a document to a different location to avoid dataloss in such cases. Firefox saves files that are passed to another application to the temp folder and it is not guaranteed that the file is kept after you close that application. So if you replaced the file by using save then it is likely that this has happened and the file got deleted. You can try to check if there is an undo history available in the program that you used to recover this file. If not then you would have to use an undelete utility to recover this file.
- Recuva: http://www.piriform.com/recuva