How can I get back my internet explorer which has been removed when I have downloaded Mozilla Firefox?
I want to download Mozilla Firefox as an optional browser as I can only access a website for work through this browser. However, when I downloaded MF, even though I tick that I do not want it as my default browser or homepage, it downloads, but has removed my Internet Explorer connection. This has happened a couple of times now and is very frustrating. I don't know how to get my IE back and keep the option of MF available. MF seems to automatically delete/remove IE when it is downloaded. I am using Windows 8. I would appreciate help and advice to correct this situation. Many thanks.
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.199
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
hello Katea77, firefox won't remove IE from your computer but it will set itself as default browser if not specified otherwise during the install process.
in order to make Internet Explorer your default browser please refer to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/make-ie-default-browser#ie=ie-11
Thank you very much for your prompt reply and support. The IE icon disappeared immediately after I downloaded MF. I tried to download IE again but without success. In the end all my icons on my start page disappeared, although I do not think this was to do with MF. I had to resort to restoring my lap top to factory settings for the umpteenth time and I have now got IE back but no MF. I will keep your advice and will try again when I am feeling brave enough and have sufficient time to try and download MF again. I am not confident with technical problems and greatly appreciate your help and support.
Kind regards, K.