JW player won't play files on a page on a site but will play other files on same site
i am a frequent visitor to a website call www.tvpmmvault.com, some of the pages have audio flies that use jwplayer, on one of the pages the files won't play in the player giving me an error message that says the file can not be played the funny the thing is that other pages that use jwplayer work just fine and the same page works ok on chrome
can you tell me what is wrong
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.65.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer 188.8.131.52
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.0
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0
Yes, there are a number of issues that could have occurred: http://support.jwplayer.com/customer/.../1403682-troubleshooting-your-setup
What was the media format of the file on that site? The url to the file can be seen in the "Show Page Source" options when you right click on the webpage.
It could be the media type, however you can also check to make sure your plugins are up to date:This article will show you where the plugin check page is: Flash Plugin - Keep it up to date and troubleshoot problems
i should let you know that a few days ago i tried making media.windows-media-foundation.enabled and media.audio_data.enabled and i fixed the problem except the player won't play the file when you clicked play and you have to move the track bar (or what ever you call it) to get it to play the file
Hi mshroye1, that is strange that one file could be corrupt? I will mark your post as the solution, but the web developer of the site may need to be informed too.
oh heck no this is not solved!!!! because when i go to google chrome it works just fine no problems whatsoever. my main reason i want this fixed is because your browser seems to be the only one that fvd downloader seems to work on with this site and when i try to download a file from this page, it makes it an undefined file and when i change it to mp3 windows media player gives me an error message but when i download a file from another page it works just fine.
now what the hell is going on!!!!
Hi mshroye1, Unmarked, apologies, happy to further investigate. However I am not a member of this site Do you have a screenshot of the exact error message or another site where this is happening?
and does FVD may only work with flash player? Issues with the add on can also be investigated on the support site of the addon's homepage.