How to enable copy and paste in Firefox
I have tried over and over and over and I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME figure out how to configure Firefox to allow me to copy and paste. I've downloaded EVER SINGLE EXTENSION YOU HAVE and some I found online!!!! HOW DO I COPY AND PASTE??? And please don't be a smart aleck and tell me to right click..I tried that. I've tried everything it's not working...
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0
Use keyboard shortcuts or the right-click context menu if the buttons on the web page or other methods aren't working.
- Copy: Ctrl+C or Ctrl+Insert (Mac: Command + C)
- Paste: Ctrl+V or Shift+Insert (Mac: Command + V)
- Cut: Ctrl+X or Shift+Delete (Mac: Command + X)
If right-clicking doesn't work, it could indicate that the site is intercepting and blocking Firefox's regular context menu. Some sites are cheeky and show you a copyright notice when you right-click.
You can change a setting so that you always get Firefox's right-click context menu. If the site has its own menu, Firefox's will appear in front of it. To access the site's menu after making this change, you have to carefully dismiss Firefox's menu with a single press of the Esc key. (I think I've only seen one site where both menus disappear when I press Esc, so it nearly always works.)
Want to try it?
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter. Click the button promising to be careful.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste context and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click the dom.event.contextmenu.enabled preference to switch it from true (sites can detect and re-place the right-click menu) to false (they can't).
Does that help?
I have the same problem as the OP. KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS DO NOT WORK. RIGHT-CLICKING DOES NOT WORK. There is a bug in this version. I've had to give up FF and switch to Chrome to copy and paste. This bug exists on all four Win 7 machines that I currently use, 2 on my home network and 2 on my work network. It doesn't matter if I'm trying to copy a link to paste in an email or Facebook, or copy an image to put in a Word document. NO GO.
The problem is on Firefox's end, not ours.
Hi guin, let's continue the discussion in your new thread: Bug in version 34.0.5