where are the home, refresh and X buttons in the header
When I open my home page on the desktop, there are buttons that let me select home, refresh or X a download. I cannot find these buttons on the header or in the add-ons, etc.
The Home button was relocated to the right of the Location/URL bar in a prior version. You can drag it to the position you want or get it from the Customize Toolbar window by looking at the following instructions.
- Click this link --> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-customize-toolbars
In Firefox 4 and newer versions, the Go, Stop and Reload buttons are combined in one button at the right end of the URL or Address bar. The button changes depending on the activity:
- green Go arrow when typing in the address bar
- red Stop ("X") button while page is loading
- gray Reload (circular arrow) when page is finished loading.
Separate buttons are possible:
- Open Customize Toolbar window by clicking Firefox button > Option > Toolbar Layout OR clicking View > Toolbars > Customize if using the Menu Bar OR right-click in an empty space on a toolbar and choose Customize
- While the Customize window is open, Stop and Reload buttons will show separated between the address bar and the search bar
- While the Customize window is open, drag the buttons anywhere on the Navigation toolbar
- order Reload-Stop will combine into one button
- order Stop-Reload will remain separate buttons
- or drag a "Separator" from the Customize window between Reload-Stop and they will remain separate
- click Done at bottom right of Customize window to finish
- See: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-customize-toolbars
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Not related to your question, but...
You may need to update some plug-ins. Check your plug-ins and update as necessary:
- Plug-in check --> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in: Installing (or Updating) the Shockwave plugin with Firefox
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape: Installing/Updating Adobe Reader in Firefox
- Shockwave Flash (Adobe Flash or Flash): Updating Flash in Firefox
- Next Generation Java Plug-in for Mozilla browsers: Installing or Updating Java in Firefox
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in full screen mode (press F11 or Fn + F11 to toggle; Mac: command+Shift+F).
If the menu bar is hidden then press the F10 key or hold down the Alt key to make the menu bar appear.
Make sure that toolbars like the "Navigation Toolbar" and the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible: "View > Toolbars"
- Open the Customize window via "View > Toolbars > Customize"
- If missing items are in the toolbar palette then drag them back from the Customize window on the toolbar
- If you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the toolbar palette then click the "Restore Default Set" button to restore the default toolbar set up