What's going on with Firefox lately?!
I have been using Firefox, God!, forever. It used to be my go-to browser for everything. But, for the past year, and more frequently in the past six months, I feel like pulling my hair out whenever I use Firefox. Now, I find myself using it for maybe 10% of the time, only because I need a link or something on it. The other 90% of the time, I go to Chrome and, I am ashamed to admit, even IE. This really all began with version 7. The browser would hand up, or take excruciatingly long to load a page...any page. I had to turn off Browser Protection on my Antivirus/Firewall (F-Secure 2011) to fix the problem. Before you go blaming F-Secure, note that neither Chrome nor IE had any problems with Browser Protection. So, I simply stopped using Firefox. When version 8 came out, I gleefully installed it thinking that maybe I could get back to using FF and still keep my AV Web Protection on. But then this happened: I discovered that loading a flash-based website was horrifically slow. No kidding! And this had nothing to do with Browser Protection being on, because I turned it off again. I can load multiple (5 or 6) tabs of one of those Facebook games, like Barn Buddy, in Chrome or Internet Explorer in less than 5 sec. Firefox takes 20-30 secs to load just one, even in the background. And while that’s going on, my active page is basically frozen. So, once again, I have had to put my beloved browser on the shelf.
I routinely clean my browser cache. I have even COMPLETELY uninstalled FF, with all the files and folders and Registry entries removed, and reinstalled it. I have been very cautious with installing extensions. But, none of these actions has helped.
I am very frustrated. I love FF and would really like to make it my primary browser. But, how can I with all these nagging problems? Is Firefox finally losing it? Are the glory days over? I really hope not.
BTW, this is a problem on both my desktop (win 7 64-bit) and laptop (Win 7 32-bit)
Almost the same way I feel. I have been a FF fan for longer than I can remember. But I haven't switched YET! I think I'll look at Chrome tomorrow.
All was well tonight until I decided to check my Yahoo email. As soon as I clicked on an email, FF just locked up. Closed it out, but found it to be still running in the Task Manager Processes. Stopped it and then tried IE, no way it would open. Eventually a window popped up that said Windows Explorer is not responding! At this point all I could do is reboot!
This has been happening for about the past week or 10 days now.
Come on guys, get it together and lets have some stability! RT