have a lot of ads popping up with an underline "skip this ad"
Several times when I am browsing a site will pop up and have an ad on it but before the ad loads I can see the words Skip This Ad up in the right hand corner. I uninstalled Firefox and went back to using IE but other than not having that constant pop-up I really missed Firefox so I did a fresh install and as soon as the page loaded up popped an ad page. This is frustrating so I'm hoping you can help me fix it otherwise I will have to go back to IE which I really don't want to do. Please help me keep Firefox!
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked