I can't use Facebook Chat on Firefox but it works on IE and Chrome
For some reason when I access Facebook using Firefox, Facebook Chat is not enabled. I get the message that "Chat is not enabled" However if I access Facebook using Internet Explorer or Chrome chat works fine. Also if I access Facebook using Firefox on another computer, chat works fine.
There must be some setting in Firefox on my laptop that is preventing Facebook chat from working. I can't figure out what that is. Does anyone have any ideas?
Yes. And I have received no response.
- "Clear the Cache": Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
- "Remove the Cookies" from sites that cause problems: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
- Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
- Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
cor-el, thank you so much for your answer. It worked perfectly.
For those of you who experience the same problem, it was the add-on called HTTPS-Everywhere that was causing the problem. I disabled that add-on and Facebook chat is now working.