bookmark popup closes down before I can save page
When trying to save a page I click on the bookmark star, the popup opens and before I select a folder it closes. Popup closes to quickly.
Does the star gets highlighted to show the bookmark is saved?
The "Edit This Bookmark" dialog that opens if you click the highlighted star has a checkbox with "Show editor when saving" (shortcut key in the dialog is Alt+S). This item is at the bottom just above "Remove Bookmark" and "Done".
Does the star gets highlighted to show the bookmark is saved? The "Edit This Bookmark" dialog that opens if you click the highlighted star has a checkbox with "Show editor when saving" (shortcut key in the dialog is Alt+S). This item is at the bottom just above "Remove Bookmark" and "Done".
The issue is before I can save the popup closes.
The pop-up can close automatically if you bookmark a page (i.e. state changes to blue highlighted). If the star gets highlighted when you click then this means that the page is bookmarked. You can click the highlighted star another time to make the dialog reappear. This time the dialog should stay open and you should be able to place a checkmark in "Show editor when saving" to prevent this window from closing automatically.
If the star didn't get highlighted then do some troubleshooting.
1) Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Themes
- do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Safe Mode start window
2) If you use Sync then best is to disconnect Sync temporarily during troubleshooting.
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder.
- use "Verify Integrity" button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page
In case errors are reported with "Verify Integrity" close and restart Firefox and retry.
If "Verify Integrity" cannot repair places.sqlite, rename/remove all places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder. Firefox will rebuild places.sqlite and restore the bookmarks from a recent JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder.
- keep a backup copy of places.sqlite in case a new places.sqlite database has to be created
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Directory:
Windows: Show Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
Have reinstalled Mozilla however issue still persists.
When wanting to save a page the popup box does not remain open long enough to select the created folder, it simply closes after a short period. Also when navigating to a saved bookmark in a created folder the window closes down before I can select.
Did you try to click the highlighted star a second time (do not double-click, but wait a short time) ?
yes, I tried multiple times. The bookmark popup does not remain open long enough to save to required folder
Please see this (old) bug report :
Not being worked on anymore (marked "resolved", which it clearly isn't)
If you want to, you could file a new bug report and get the ball rolling again :
Bug 1290011 is duped to another bug that is fixed in Firefox 52
- Bug 1206133 - Improve arrow panel position handling