new laptop. sync password does not work. how to get bookmarks to new laptop?
On new lap top, tried to use my Sync account. it would not work. tried the password on the SYnc account on the old lap top. did not work. need my bookmarks off the old lap top. how do i get the bookmarks from old lap top to the new one? even though creating a new account would not do the trick, i tried. got down to how old are you? none of your business. so i put 0. now i can't even set up a new account. if you want to know how old someone is, give age ranges. after it locked me out, it gave me the reason you wanted to know. too late now.
Hi, Sync is for connecting multiple devices to Sync them. By the sounds of it you were using it as a Backup Tool which it is not designed to do. You may have lost your stuff up there already.
You can use a USB key or even email your bookmarks to your self :
Sync does not replace the above.
... even though creating a new account would not do the trick, i tried. got down to how old are you? none of your business. so i put 0. now i can't even set up a new account. if you want to know how old someone is, give age ranges. after it locked me out, it gave me the reason you wanted to know. too late now.
Real bonehead stunt, don't you think? Ya' answer the question properly or you can't register!
Per the US federal law Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) the minimum age is 13 years old. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children%27s_Online_Privacy_Protection_Act https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1023338#answer-636075
Wait 24 hours before trying again to create a new Firefox Account for Sync services.
If you enter an incorrect age then all you need to do is to close and restart Firefox.
Best is to use some removable storage device to transfer personal data from one device to another device.
You can copy files like these with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to recover specific data.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (passwords) and key4.db (58+) or key3.db (57 and older) (decryption key) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
if you only have key3.db then make sure to remove an existing key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) or cert8.db (57 and older) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
if you only have cert8.db then make sure to remove an existing cert9.db
- persdict.dat for words you added to the spelling checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Directory:
Windows: Show Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder