Ubuntu 18.04, firefox 61.0.1 (64-bit) facebook messenger and messenger calls can't connect. On Chrome there is no problem. All permissions granted but no joy
I have always used Facebook messenger and messenger.com to make calls and had no problems. I don't know if it is from the last upgrade or not but I realised about 6 weeks ago that when making a call the window opens asking for permissions, I grant the permissions (I have set them to be remembered now), the call then proceeds to the ringing stage, the other end picks up, there is silence, they can't hear me and I can't hear them and then the call ends by itself. Both facebook messenger and messenger.com work on Chrome on the same machine but I am a firefox fan and want to know why it is not working in firefox. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Hi, try using messenger.com while in : SAFE MODE
In Firefox Safe mode these changes are effective:
- all extensions are disabled (about:addons)
- default theme is used (no persona)
- userChrome.css and userContent.css are ignored (chrome folder)
- default toolbar layout is used (file: localstore-safe.rdf)
- hardware acceleration is disabled (Options > Advanced > General)
- plugins are not affected
- preferences are not affected
TEST''''is issue still there ?