FF crashes after installing update to v35.
MacBook Pro OSx 10.10.1
Crashes in Safemode also and does not create a crash report. Did and sometimes can get it to stay up if I select Refresh instead of Safemode. All extensions disabled, only had two. All other items set to not activate. These are the two crash reports that were submitted that I just saw and the only two even though it happens every time.
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from mozilla.org (or choose the download for your operating system and language from this page) and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (or open the Firefox menu and click the close button ).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
More information about reinstalling Firefox can be found here.
WARNING: Do not use a third party uninstaller as part of this process. Doing so could permanently delete your Firefox profile data, including but not limited to, extensions, cache, cookies, bookmarks, personal settings and saved passwords. These cannot be easily recovered unless they have been backed up to an external device! See Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles.
Please report back to say if this helped you!
For the last several months, many Mac computers have the same crash issues. These seamed to be caused by Microsoft Mac programs. Disable all such programs. Is the problem still there?
I tried removing and reinstalling. Crashed without a code so restarted the MAC. It eventually crashed without a code.
I run Microsoft Office for MAC and this issue has only happened since I installed v35.
I tried removing and reinstalling. Crashed without a code so restarted the MAC. It eventually crashed without a code. I run Microsoft Office for MAC and this issue has only happened since I installed v35.
I said Disable !