Link malfunctions in Firefox but not in another browser
The "Comment" link on the NPR.org blogs operates as expected in Opera and IE, but not in Firefox.
Try this page, for example:
- In Firefox, clicking on the "Comment" box simply scrolls the current webpage down to the bottom, without showing the comments section.
- In Opera, clicking on the "Comment" box opens the comments section.
This has been a problem for the past few months..
I tried the page. I pressed comments, and the page zoomed down to the first comment.在上下文中阅读这个答案 👍 0
You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:
You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the cache and cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
I tried the page. I pressed comments, and the page zoomed down to the first comment.