How do I find my ad blocker plus add-on? I can't find it in my tols anymore.
I need to set up my wifes ad plus blocker, so I am going to my computer to see how I have it set up. I can not find where the settings are. My wife is getting more popupps that you can imagine. Her computer needs to have the ad blocker.
- Go to https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/ and click the Add to Firefox button.
- Once installed, you'll have an Adblock Plus icon on the navigation toolbar (the area with the address bar and the search box).
- If the menu bar is enabled, you'll also see an Adblock Plus submenu under the Tools menu.
Do a malware check with several malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
All these programs have free versions.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller:
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked