This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Whenever I do a "lookup" from other software, or click on a hyperlink from outside the browser, the browser appears but the URL is not in the address window and the link never loads.why?
I may be reading an article while within Foxfire, and click on a hyperlink in the article...or I may be using Thunderbird email and click on a hyperlink within the email...or I may be using software like Quicken and do a "lookup" to a webpage...no matter, any time I click on the hyperlink, it will switch to Firefox automatically (good!) and the tab shows "loading", but a webpage never loads, and the URL address window never has anything in it. On the other hand, if I copy and paste the URL from whatever hyperlink I'm trying to use, and then paste that into Firefox's URL address window, it will open. How did I lose the auto load feature?
All Replies (1)
Start Firefox in Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
- Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
- Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")