No one has helped translate this article yet. If you already know how localizing for SUMO works, start translating now. If you want to learn how to translate articles for SUMO, please start here.
The New Tab page is the default home page that opens when you start Firefox, click the Home button in the toolbar or open a new window. This article explains how to set your Firefox home page.
- If you want Firefox to open the windows and tabs from your previous session each time you start Firefox, instead of opening your home page, see Configuring session restore.
Table of Contents
Set or change your home page through the Home button
- Open the web page you want to use as your home page.
- Drag and drop that tab onto the Home button on your toolbar.
- Click on the prompt to set this page as your home page.
Note: The Home button is not shown by default. You can add or remove the Home button by customizing the toolbar. If you don't have a Home button, you can set your home page through Firefox Settings (see below). The Home button will be added to the toolbar when a custom home page is set.
Set your home page through Firefox Settings
- In the Menu bar at the top of the screen, click and select .Click the menu button and select .
- Click the
- Click the menu next to Homepage and new windows and choose to show the default Firefox Home page, custom URLs or a blank page.
Set multiple pages as your home page
You can set a group of pages as your home page. Open each page in a separate tab, select
We have solutions:
- If you keep getting the "Firefox has just updated" tab every time Firefox starts, see the article Firefox says it's just updated every time it starts - how to fix.
- If your home page settings are not saved, see How to fix preferences that won't save.
- If you don't see the Home button, have a look at Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars.
- If your home page was hijacked or automatically changed, see Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page.
- It's possible the shortcut you are using to open Firefox has a link in it. Right-click on the shortcut and check. See Wrong home page opens when I start Firefox - How to fix for details.
- An extension may be controlling your home page. For more information, see An extension changed my New Tab page or home page.