I'm encountering consistent video playback issues on Firefox while running Fedora 38. The error message I receive when attempting to play videos from certain sites, notab… (xem thêm)
I'm encountering consistent video playback issues on Firefox while running Fedora 38. The error message I receive when attempting to play videos from certain sites, notably LinkedIn and Twitter (now X), is:
- The media playback was aborted due to a corruption problem or because the media used features your browser did not support.*
Furthermore, when examining Firefox's console while attempting to play a video, I observed the following error:
- [Child 5999, MediaDecoderStateMachine #1] WARNING: Decoder=7fdb3c55a100 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - mozilla::MediaResult mozilla::FFmpegDataDecoder<60>::InitDecoder(AVDictionary**): Couldn't open avcodec: file /builddir/build/BUILD/firefox-118.0/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachineBase.cpp:166*
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Navigate to LinkedIn or X (previously Twitter).
2. Attempt to play any video content.
3. Observe the aforementioned error.
- OS: Fedora 38
- Firefox version: Initially 117.0.1, then updated to 118, both 64-bit.
- This issue does not occur on Google Chrome on the same system.
- I have attempted the following troubleshooting steps without success:
1. Updated Firefox to the latest version.
2. Enabled DRM content.
3. Booted Firefox in Safe Mode.
4. Disabled hardware acceleration.
5. Cleared cache and cookies.
6. Used a Flatpak version of Firefox.
This issue has significantly impacted my user experience, and I hope to find a resolution soon. Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated.