Starting from about 2 weeks ago, Firefox has been crashing. The crashes is seemingly random, but normally happens when many pages/tabs are open. Also, all observed crashe… (xem thêm)
Starting from about 2 weeks ago, Firefox has been crashing. The crashes is seemingly random, but normally happens when many pages/tabs are open. Also, all observed crashes happened in middle of some user operations. If I just leave it open(and loaded), it would never crash even after a long time.
Also, the crashes would still happen even after ALL extensions are disabled manually. However it doesn't seem to happen in Safe Mode.
After every crash, in the crash report dialog, the "Details" report would not respond. However I can open the reports using about:crashes.
Before the crash would happen, sometimes the following ill-behaviors could be observed:
- Firefox fails to render CJK characters, displaying them as square boxes instead
- CJK IME(Namely Google Pinyin, an IME for Simplified Chinese) could no longer be activated in Firefox, neither on a webpage element nor on UIs of Firefox itself(i.e. address bar or search bar)
The following has been tried but no luck:
- Disable ALL extensions manually
- Start a new profile
- Reset Firefox
- Uninstall/Reinstall Firefox
- Switch from FX 14 to 15, then to 16 beta