I need your help fixing the constant crash of my Firefox installation. I have spent DAYS following all the troubleshooting guides that I have been able t… (xem thêm)
I need your help fixing the constant crash of my Firefox installation. I have spent DAYS following all the troubleshooting guides that I have been able to find but the issue continues.
Below you will find 3 sections. 1) Crash Report IDs 2) Context to how problem surfaced 3) Troubleshooting thus far
1) Crash Report IDs:
The Crash Reason stated is ALWAYS the same, namely: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION_EXEC
The Crash Address is also always the same, namely: 0x7ff92576fa77
2) Context of how problem surfaced:
- In late June Roboform informed me that a new version was available (8.3.7).
-I upgraded as I normally do, but to my surprise the upper toolbar of Roboform was missing.
- Upon further investigation I learned that the upper toolbar had been removed beginning with Roboform version 8.3.7 because Firefox had announced that they were only supporting WebExtensions API beginning with Firefox 57.
- Since I hated having Roboform as a 'button' or as a lower toolbar I decided to stop using Firefox and try to live with Internet Explorer.
- Needless to say I didn't like that solution as Internet Explorer has been practically abandoned by Microsoft as is not very powerful. So I explored other options and I was told that if I installed Roboform 188.8.131.52 (the last version to support the upper toolbar) it would work OK up to Firefox version 56.
- I downgraded to Roboform 184.108.40.206 (after having used version 8.3.7) and the crashes began.
- I downgraded Firefox to version 52.2.1 ESR and the crashes continued.
- I began reading and following troubleshooting instructions on the Mozilla support forum but nothing solved the issue.
- I tried look for the crash logs but despite Firefox crashing there was no logs
- I upgraded to Firefox 54.0.1 64 bits and while that didn't solve the issue, at least the crash logs returned (those are the ones I am enclosing).
3) Troubleshooting thus far:
- I have removed Firefox multiple times and tried different versions
- I have removed Roboform multiple times and tried different versions
- I have done the 'Refresh Firefox' multiple times with no success.
- I have followed 'clean install' procedures for both Firefox and Roboform that included erasing remaining files in program files and user directories and even flushing remaining entries from the registry
- I have upgraded the BIOS of my computer
None of the above has worked. I suspect that it may have to do with Roboform because the modules area of all crash reports are highlighting the roboborm modules in red. However since there is no explanation of what the red highlighting means in the crash reports I am not sure if my interpretation (that they are the cause of the problem) is correct.
Firefox IS definitely compatible with Roboform as it worked on my system for years. I suspect that after having installed to the new version of Roboform and Firefox something has been left behind after downgrading that is causing the reinstall not to work perfectly and to crash.
I don't want to move to the new version of Roboform because I hate not having the upper toolbar, so I need your help to be able to go back to any Firefox and Roboform combination that won't cause the crash.