Last October my sessions were gone after a Firefox Update. I asked for help here: https://support.mozilla.org/sv/questions/1394685 and eventually got kind help from @cor-… (xem thêm)
Last October my sessions were gone after a Firefox Update. I asked for help here: https://support.mozilla.org/sv/questions/1394685 and eventually got kind help from @cor-el (that unfortunately wasn't skilled enough to understand) and from @RayGibson57. But by then, my life was in a flurry and I didn't have time to try the advice. And so, after a while I had, with some effort, gathered many of the old tabs back again, and built up new sessions.
This Monday I was trying to internet while having high fever (something people should never do :o ).
I left three blank windows open when I shut down the computer, and next morning those three were the only ones Firefox wanted to remember.
(I still find this change frustrating, bordering on infuriating: what happened to "Choose how many old sessions you want Firefox to remember", I think the maximum was ten?)
Now the fevers left and I went to those answers to try. That Q/A was archived though, so I'm starting again here, from as far as I got following King Rays instructions. They were:
- Open the application menu (3 horizontal lines) next to the address bar.
- Click on Help -> More troubleshooting information.
- With that page open, find Profile Folder and click on Open Folder. That's how you get to the folder with backup files in it.
- Set computer up to see all the extensions & system files. By default, the extensions don't show up (.jsonlz4 is an extension).
- I found an older file in that sessionstore-backups folder and copied it one level back to the main profile folder.
- Renamed the sessionstore.jsonlz4 to sessionstore.jsonlz4.old and the file I copied, I renamed to sessionstore.jsonlz4.
- Opened Firefox and that missing window was in the history so I could open it.
- Don't make any typos here, because Firefox won't find the files it needs to open.
I got as far as finding the Profile folder and the sessionstore-backups folder.
But I cant find any jsonlz4 file called "sessionstore". Only a "sessionsCheckpoints" and that one is a json file, and the date modified is today.
See screenshots please!
Can anyone talk me trough this like Im a grandmother from Sweden with extremely limited coding & tech skills (which is what I am)?