Hello! So, I was working on a new blog on which I'm using the Rubik font from Google fonts. Everything was fine for several days, but today, after working for some time o…
So, I was working on a new blog on which I'm using the Rubik font from Google fonts.
Everything was fine for several days, but today, after working for some time on it, the font just got messed up randomly (see attached image).
I added the font on a different, testing site and it shows messed up there as well, so it's not something website related.
Now, the shocking part is that it gets messed up only on Mozilla and only on the Mozilla browser that's on my Desktop PC.
I asked a friend to check it out and I also checked it out on my laptop, and the font is fine on other Mozilla browsers, as well as other browsers.
Other fonts from other websites are fine as well.
What troubleshooting I performed:
- Checked the font with Inspect Element, as it's shown here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Page_Inspector/How_to/Edit_fonts and the font is set up correctly;
- Deleted the whole history since the beginning of time (cookies, cache, everything);
- Closed and opened Firefox again;
- Opened Mozilla in Safe Mode (hardware acceleration is disabled by default in safe mode);
- Restarted my PC;
- Uninstalled Mozilla as it shows here - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/uninstall-firefox-from-your-computer. Deleted the profile folder and everything.
- Installed a fresh copy again with no add-ons, no nothing.
Nothing worked. That font is still messed up on Mozilla, on this PC.
It doesn't make any sense, especially since it went nuts randomly without a particular reason.
Does anyone have an idea of what could be the problem and how to fix it?
Any help would be appreciated!