It seems that my thunderbird-firefox communication is broken, because lately when I click on links in mails , an empty browser page opens. How can I repair this
OS: linux fedora 19 KDE
This behaviour is new and unexpected. Previously if clicking on a link within thunderbird, a new tab would open in firefox, showing the content of that link. Now a new window is opened, and the link is not displayed (empty page)
Additional System Details
- The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files from within the browser.
- The IcedTea-Web Plugin executes Java applets.
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- The Videos 3.8.2 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- nspluginwrapper is a cross-platform NPAPI plugin viewer, in particular for linux/i386 plugins.This beta software is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r999.Gnash 0.8.10, the GNU SWF Player. Copyright (C) 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc. Gnash comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. You may redistribute copies of Gnash under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about Gnash, see http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash. Compatible Shockwave Flash 10.1 r999.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
tried restarting ff in safe mode, no change
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
Also try to reinstall Thunderbird (your profiles for both will NOT be lost).
closed firefox, then did yum reinstall firefox didn't help, same problem
You can check for problems with preferences.
Rename or delete the prefs.js file and possible numbered prefs-##.js files and a possible user.js file to reset all prefs to the default value.
You can override how external links are opened via the browser.link.open_newwindow.override.external pref.
The meaning of the values of browser.link.open_newwindow.override.external are the same as for browser.link.open_newwindow
- 1: current tab; 2:new window; 3:new tab;