How can I upgrade my Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3 to the latest version for ubuntu?
I am using Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3 on my computer. But a message keeps coming while I use Firefox saying "You may want to upgrade your browser. You're using an old version of Firefox that is no longer supported and may be insecure. To upgrade, open Firefox's Help menu and click Check for Updates..." But when I open Firefox's help menu, I can't see "check for updates" to click. What should I do?
Chi tiết hệ thống bổ sung
Phần bổ trợ đã cài đặt
- Xine Plugin version 1.0.2, (c) The Xine Project.Windows Media Player / RealPlayer / QuickTime compatible.
- The next generation Java plug-in for Mozilla browsers.
- Version 1.0.6 Goldeneye, copyright 1996-2007 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- The Totem 2.30.2 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Chuỗi đại diện người dùng: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100423 Ubuntu/10.04 (lucid) Firefox/3.6.3
Thông tin chi tiết
hey in help menu can you see about firefox click that. it will update your firefox. and see Update Firefox to the latest version
Câu trả lời hữu ích
Make sure that you meet the requirements for the current Firefox version.
If you have a Firefox version from the Ubuntu repositories then you can't update Firefox directly, but can only do this via the Ubuntu update.
You can find the latest Firefox 20.0.x release in all languages and for all Operating Systems here:
Câu trả lời hữu ích
amitshree, the OP has a third-party build of Firefox from Ubuntu so there is no check of updates in Help menu as OP mentioned.
Yes the package dependencies could be a issue due to using the old Ubuntu 10.04 from April 2010 and especially because it is a LTS.
Được chỉnh sửa bởi James vào