Very low screen resolution, following work done by McAffee to ensure Firefox can receive McAffee updates
2 weeks ago when I switched on my pc (Windows XP) I had very poor screen resolution, which I was unable to fix other than by resetting to an earlier day. I also was having problems with McAffee saying that it couldn't access my pc to upload files. Eventually, I asked McAfee to sort the problem, which they did by taking control of my pc. I am now getting messages today saying that updates from McAffee have been uploaded satisfactorily. However, each time I now switch on my pc I get the same very poor screen resolution which I can only fix by resetting to a previous date.
Have you any ideas as to why this should be happening and more importantly how I can fix it.
Chi tiết hệ thống bổ sung
Phần bổ trợ đã cài đặt
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 184.108.40.206
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Chuỗi đại diện người dùng: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Thông tin chi tiết
Câu trả lời hữu ích
Welcome to Firefox Support!
For your problem, what I'm reading from your post, the screen resolution has nothing to do with Firefox. Your resolution has to do with your computer graphics card. To fix this problem just do the following steps: 1.
1. Open Display in Control Panel.
2. On the Settings tab, under Screen resolution, drag the slider, and then click Apply.
3. When prompted to apply the settings, click OK. Your screen will turn black for a moment.
4. Once your screen resolution changes, you have 15 seconds to confirm the change. Click Yes to confirm the change; click No or do nothing to revert to your previous setting.
Người tạo câu hỏi
Thanks for the advice. I have tried your suggestion, but unfortunately the screen resolution automatically returns to the lowest level, after I went through the procedure. (It does allow me to move the slider, but it does not retain it after Applying it)
My monitor is Plug and Play and on settings my PC informs me that it is working properly. NVidia GeForce 6800.