Firefox 12 STILL consumes too much memory and periodically stalls
1. This has gone on actually since at least Firefox 8 for many of us. With Windows 7 32 or 64bit, AND we are told OTHER OS's as well, Firefox 12 IS consuming too much memory!
When FF 12 memory consumption "hits" 800MB on a 8 GB machine, and continues to slowly climb, FF 12 has code or other problems.
2. ALSO, Firefox 12 under many circumstances, is slowing to a crawl, especially in opening windows and tabs.
NOTHING we do, inspect with memory tools, etc. seems to point to any "culprits" or guide the way to researching and potentially solving these problems...and they ARE problems within Firefox 12, and likely earlier versions.
TIME TO CLEAR THE AIR?
These are problems being seen by others, with or without any (totally blanked out/disabled) Add-On's and even most Plug-In's being disabled or removed, both for testing the problems sen in FF 12.
There IS a problem, or more than one, here, and it's not isolated or "just refer to this checklist" solvable.
There's problems, perhaps memory leaks and other agenda IN THE CODE.
We users need to stop being poo-poo'ed and "pampered" by needless communications that do nothing to truly address the problems.
Chi tiết hệ thống bổ sung
Điều này đã xảy ra
Bất cứ khi nào Firefox được mở lên
Điều này bắt đầu khi...
From about Firefox 8 onwards to 12.
Phần bổ trợ đã cài đặt
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Foxit PhantomPDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- WinZip Courier Plugin for Mozilla Firefox
- NPCIG 18.104.22.168
- Chuỗi đại diện người dùng: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
Thông tin chi tiết
Useless. Been through this far too many times.
Less 'pain' with this 'Nightly' than either FF V12, V13, V14, V15 - but still about 2-4 second 'pauses' every so often. This is with several sessions open (up to 20 FF sessions when I do web devel. work). BTW: In the 'good old days' of FF V3.x (or less) - this was not an issue! (was then Fast and up to 35 sessions)....
At least with the FF Nightly, my Windows XP CPU use for FF has gone down to a saner level; with the current stable release FF (V14.x) - it would often rise to 1.8Gb of real memory used (a 4Gb system) and the CPU time hog away at 52%. Not Good!!
Latest FF 'Nightly' FF idles at about 350Kb memory and about 8-10% CPU; that is with 20 sessions open.
However, the spasmodic 2-4 second delays are darn annoying for serious web development work!