After upgrading to Firefox 7 getting massive connection issues when using 3 or so tabs, many pages slow to load, have to retry many times , makes firefox un-usable
Hey there, I have been using Firefox for a few years with out any troubles. Then I updated to 7 last night. And since then Firefox has been more or less un-useable. The issue happens when I have about 3 or 4 tabs open and browsing in each one. Firefox has trouble loading up a site and then it can not load any other site in the tabs. I am not talking about small sites, but gmail, msn, netflix, engadget, CNN, ect. This has NEVER happened before. I have tried to disable all addon and start in safe mode only to see the same thing happen. It even happened to this help page.
It almost as if when a site is slow to load something, it cause any new site not to load from that point on. The fix is to always go back to the offend tab. Stop it and all other tabs. Then try again.
I opened up IE 9 and tested the same URLS and sure enough they did not have this issue.
Chi tiết hệ thống bổ sung
Điều này đã xảy ra
Bất cứ khi nào Firefox được mở lên
Điều này bắt đầu khi...
Right after upgrading to Firefox 7
Phần bổ trợ đã cài đặt
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Google Update
- Version 22.214.171.124
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.11
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Communication Plug-In for Firefox
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Chuỗi đại diện người dùng: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
Thông tin chi tiết
Thank you cor-el.
What would be the ideal number (in terms of speed) for Firefox 8.0 beta ?
1. network.http.max-connections -
2. network.http.max-connections-per-server -
There is no ideal number. It all depends on what your computer (firewall and other security software that monitors traffic) and internet connection can support. If there is a high limit for the number of simultaneous connections then you should stay below that limit to prevent problems. If everything works fine with the defaults then your computer can handle it and there isn't any problem to keep those high limits.
Thanks cor-el for patience. My present settings of 32 and 15 are working fine. FF has never worked better for me. I will follow your advice and stick with the present settings. :)
Bah! I reduced max connections to 32 a week ago, and was able to resolve and render sites again. Now the problem has returned.
Just tried browsing to http://home.dailysteals.com/ and the site just won't load. In IE, it's loading immediately. I've only got a few tabs open in FF too...
I wonder if there's a bug opened for this on the tracking system.
This is beginning to feel like some kind of CHROME PROMOTION.
Allllll righty then.. i went over to: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Firefox%20cannot%20load%20websites%20but%20other%20programs%20can#w_dns-prefetching
...and followed the instructions for disabling DNS PREFETCHING. Now the site in question loads without delay.
Try it. It's quite easy to configure. Of course, now I'm denied whatever benefits one garners from DNS prefetching, but beggars cannot be choosers.
I wonder what the next related loading issue will be....
Được chỉnh sửa bởi luisalbondigas vào
The problem seems to have been sorted for Firefox 8 :)