Chủ đề này đã được lưu trữ. Vui lòng hỏi một câu hỏi mới nếu bạn cần giúp đỡ.
How do I get rid of Bing as my home page? It "took over" without my setting it as my home page.
I have a YTD toolbar that's appeared when I open Firefox, and I have had Google as my home page. Now YTD (aka Bing, aka Microsoft product) has taken over my home page, and I cannot reset it to Google or anything else. Any ideas?
Tất cả các câu trả lời (1)
First and foremost, update Firefox to 3.6.17 by clicking Help | Check For Updates.
There was a security breach at Comodo which is an SSL certificate provider recently whereby a number of fraudulent certificates were inadvertently issued. These allow a hacker to impersonate any site including online banking and the Firefox version you're running at the moment will not warn you that the site is a fake. The fraudulent certificates were blacklisted in v3.6.17 and beyond.
To revert to Google as your preferred search engine, please do the following.
- In the location bar, type about:config and hit Enter.
- In the filter at the top, type: keyword.URL
- Double click it and remove whatever's in there and replace it with http://www.google.com/search?q=
The URL to add in "keyword.URL" becomes a link in this post, so right click it and choose "Copy Link Location" to copy it to the Windows clipboard. Then hit CTRL+V to paste it. Saves you having to type the whole thing.
To reset your home page, do the following.
- Go to the site you want to set as your homepage.
- Go to Tools | Options | General
- Make sure it says "Show My Homepage" in the first dropdown menu.
- Click the button called "Use Current Pages" to set the homepage to the one you have on the screen.
Last but not least, please visit the Plugins Check page and update where necessary.
To update Java, open Windows Control Panel and find Java in the list. Then click the update button. Do remember to uncheck the option to install the Yahoo Toolbar otherwise you'll get that piece of junk on your system too. See screenshot.