Firefox 4 seems to have a memory leak.
I have used Firefox 3.x for some time on a XP machine. Never any problems. It is a machine that I keep running for weeks on end without rebooting. It is a workstation but rather old.
After upgrading to Firefox 4 I get problems with memory. The machine has 2Gb of RAM. I have four tabs open in FF4, about the same as I usually have had in the past. Two of them are now pinned.
When I reboot Firefox it take about 90Mb. But after half a day that is up to 400Mb. I open and close tabs during the day. After another reboot cycle memory usage is again down.
Looks like a memory leak.
Được chỉnh sửa bởi Noah_SUMO vào
Chi tiết hệ thống bổ sung
Điều này đã xảy ra
Một vài lần một tuần
Điều này bắt đầu khi...
I upgraded to Firefox 4
Phần bổ trợ đã cài đặt
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Chuỗi đại diện người dùng: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Thông tin chi tiết
Rebooting FF fixes it for the moment, but that is only a workaround.
You may note Firefox 4 is no longer supported, you should be using Firefox 5.
John... please try to keep up. Read the thread/postings.
No need to keep up with this thread, just reminding users of firefox 4 that it is not supported as for instance shown on http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/4.0/whatsnew/
I know some of you are sticking with 3.6 for now. Although the developers are currently working on Firefox 8. And Firefox 7 is on the Aurora channel.
You're missing most of the conversation, and it shows. But then, you didn't think FF4 had a memory leak either. I have to say you're consistent.