Why is there a problem with Setup.exe when upgrading from 2.0 to 3.6.3?
I am trying to upgrade Firefox on a laptop that currently has 2.0. I downloaded 3.6.3 and opened setup. I get an error message indicating that setup cannot run setup.exe. It advises I restart my computer. When I do, it does no good. Please advise.
Just once or twice
== I tried to upgrade from 2.0 to 3.6.3.
Chi tiết hệ thống bổ sung
Phần bổ trợ đã cài đặt
- -Default Plug-in
- McAfee Clinic Activator Plugin (1,0,0,5)
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime web site.
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r277
- Java Plug-in 1.5.0_09 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Network Object Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- Netscape Navigator Plug-in for Adobe Acrobat v4.05
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 6.0
- Shockwave Flash 2.0 r11
- Chuỗi đại diện người dùng: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/22.214.171.124
Thông tin chi tiết
You have an old version of Windows installed. See http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/system-requirements.html
Firefox 126.96.36.199 is the last ever version of Firefox for Win98 / SE / ME.
You can try KernelEx to get Firefox 3+ to work, but it would be very slow with an old PC of less than 750Mhz. http://sourceforge.net/projects/kernelex/