How do I stop a second unwanted Firefox browser window from opening
When I open Firefox a second Firefox window opens with http://www.weeklyhealthnewscanada.com/latest/articles/breakthroughdiet/vc/ca/index.php in it. This is a form of spam since I do not want this site to open on my computer and I have not subscribed to it.
Every time Firefox opened
== In the last week or so
Chi tiết hệ thống bổ sung
Phần bổ trợ đã cài đặt
- Cooliris embedded in a tab
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 8.5
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Chuỗi đại diện người dùng: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Thông tin chi tiết
You most likely have two different pages set as your home page. You can remove this second page from your list of home pages - see the instructions at How to set the home page
Do a malware check with a few malware scan programs. You need to use all programs because each detects different malware.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page .......... See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
Người tạo câu hỏi
No I do not have two home pages. The page that pops up in the second browser is a health page, I would never set a page like this as a home page. An interesting thought though, thank you
Người tạo câu hỏi
Same annoying problem. This is some sort of pop-up ad. Probably need to clear cache and cookies. Will do Malware search.