Chủ đề này đã được lưu trữ. Vui lòng hỏi một câu hỏi mới nếu bạn cần giúp đỡ.
PDF on web page will not open
Mac OS 12.5, Firefox 103.0 - PDF on web page will not open; opens OK with Safari.
Please advise. [email]@usa.com
Được chỉnh sửa bởi Andrew vào
Tất cả các câu trả lời (16)
Is the PDF embedded into a frame in the page (the frame area is empty), or is it a link/button that doesn't open the PDF directly? If it's a link/button, do right-click (Ctrl+click) context menu items work?
Product Sheet [pdf] wont open with Firefox but does with Chrome and Safari.
https://www.vollara.com/productdetail/FreshAirPersonal/?u=peerlessproducts > AIR + WATER + MORE > Air – O2 > FreshAir Personal > Product Sheet.
No problems here to open the product sheet in a new tab.
If you use extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) that can block content (Adblock Plus, NoScript, DuckDuckGo PE, Disconnect, Ghostery, Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin) always make sure such extensions do not block content.
- make sure your extensions and filters are updated to the latest version
Product Sheet [pdf] won't open with Firefox but does with Chrome and Safari.
What happens when you click that link? For example:
- The server displays an error message in the tab
- Firefox displays an error message in the tab (for example, connection failed, page not found)
- Firefox displays a blank tab
- Nothing appears to happen
What have you set Firefox to do with PDFs? Typically it would be "Open in Firefox" but could also be set to "Use Preview" or "Save file" or "Always ask". This article will get you to that setting: View PDF files in Firefox or choose another viewer.
• What is Going On? • PDFs refuse to Open in Firefox. • See ScreenShot of Firefox PDF selection made; also SS [green] of result [same on 2 websites] when a PDF is selected to open. • Mac Monterey 12.5 installed and up to date; Prob started [I think] with M12.5 install • I've done multiple reboots, restarts of Firefox, looked for switches to set, stayed frustrated, have screamed, etc. • PopUp Blocker is not the prob ... has been reset multiple times with exceptions added.
Could you report on the link you shared before? I believe that was a different PDF than the one you are trying to open in the OffiDocs editor.
Or is it customary for your Firefox to open links to PDFs in the OffiDocs editor instead of Firefox's built-in PDF viewer?
• https://www.vollara.com/productdetail/FreshAirPersonal/?u=peerlessproducts > Documents > Product Sheet • 1.Screen Shot opens instead of PDF Product Sheet
• https://members.jeffclarktrader.com/jeff-clark-trader/special-reports/the-one-stock-retirement-blueprint > DOWNLOAD PDF • SS not possible; opens https://www.offidocs.com/edit-pdfeditor.php?username=1580655&fileurl=https%3A%2F%2Fscdn.jeffclarktrader.com%2FJCF%2Freports%2FThe-One-Stock-Retirement-Blueprint_gku181.pdf&filename=577328
Hmm, OffiDocs isn't part of Firefox. Is that an add-on installed on your Firefox? You didn't share your extensions list while posting your question, so here's how to check for problem extensions on your Firefox:
Open the Add-ons page. Either:
- Command+Shift+a (Windows: Ctrl+Shift+a)
- "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons
- type or paste about:addons in the address bar and press Enter/Return
In the left column of the Add-ons page, click Extensions. On the right side, find the "Manage Your Extensions" heading.
If there is at least one extension before the next heading -- "Recommended Extensions" -- please continue:
Then cast a critical eye over the list below that heading. Any extensions Firefox installs for built-in features are hidden from this page, so everything listed here is your choice (and your responsibility) to manage. Anything that mentions OffiDocs, or PDFs, or looks suspicious, or that you just do not remember installing or why? If in doubt, disable (or remove). For your privacy and security, don't let mystery programs linger here.
If your Add-ons page is blank or is blocked, you can restart Firefox in its Safe Mode to do the above review:
In its Safe Mode, Firefox temporarily deactivates extensions, hardware acceleration, and some other advanced features to bypass issues that can cause problems with pages.
If Firefox is running:
You can restart Firefox in Safe/Troubleshoot Mode using either:
- "3-bar" menu button > Help > Troubleshoot Mode... (before Fx88: Restart with Add-ons Disabled)
- (menu bar) Help menu > Troubleshoot Mode... (before Fx88: Restart with Add-ons Disabled)
and OK the restart. A small dialog should appear. Click the Open button (before Fx88: "Start in Safe Mode" button).
If Firefox is not running:
Hold down the option/alt key when starting Firefox. (On Windows, hold down the Shift key instead of the option/alt key.) A small dialog should appear. Click the Open button (before Fx88: "Start in Safe Mode" button).
Note: Don't use the Refresh without first reviewing this article to understand what will be deleted: Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings.
Can you get PDFs to open normally again?
• I did all u suggested. • PDF worked OK in Troubleshooting but otherwise wont open • I cant find anyway to remove Offidocs which opens a window/tab when a pdf link is clicked in Firefox.
- I clean with Clean My Mac X and CCleaner.
What are the Addons? I see one that looks like Ghostery? Could that be the problem.
• I just selected 'Always use private browsing mode' and I can now open PDFs again. • Thx for all your help!
Được chỉnh sửa bởi James vào
Hi Will, it's a pretty serious compromise to never be able to remember any browser history. If you decide to return to normal, you could share your add-on list with us and we could advise on what to remove. Here's how:
You can copy/paste it from the Troubleshooting Information page. Either:
- "3-bar" menu button > Help > More Troubleshooting Information
- (menu bar) Help > More Troubleshooting Information
- type or paste about:support in the address bar and press Enter
Scroll down past the first few tables to the "Add-ons" heading. Then you can select and copy the table that follows (not the entire page, please, that's too much information) using either Command+c or right-click > Copy and then paste it into a reply. It will be messy, but we're used it.
Also, please do not promote COVID misinformation on this forum.
Được chỉnh sửa bởi James vào
This one seems like the most obvious potential culprit:
PDF editor online - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/editor-pdf-online/
If you go to that page on the Mozilla Add-ons site, it should display a "Remove" button if there's a match with the one you have installed.
• Removed culprit ... Firefox now Normal. • Thx for your help and persistence!
Được chỉnh sửa bởi James vào
Hi Will, air cleaners are important, and they definitely should be installed in all our schools, but there's no single silver bullet and we'll continue to need multiple interventions to reduce our losses. Don't believe anyone who says you can put all your eggs in one basket. Stay safe.