Latest July 2022Update to Firefox 103 has ruined my UI display for browser and for Thundermail
1. I have accepted "auto mode" for Firefox updates as promoted by Mozilla et al. Update I refer to was installed at PC shutdown on Thursday 27July22 AEST. I re opened browser next day to see my FF webpage background minimized to abt 75% relative usual settings and search bar text populated with tiny type font despite usual pre set zoom factor 110% and no applied font changes by moi. I am long sighted until within arms' length then I need significant optical corrections to deal with type and small stuff Eg. hand stitching on dark fabric as in hemming pants is now difficult; tiny hand held devices aka "mobiles phone" for me are not practical even with usual specs. For most of my 70 years I have viewed the world with just left eye hence reduced field of view, + close up perspective issues - vision sharp enough otherwise until I had to work with computers + poor monitors in the eighties, that induced rapid vision decline. HOWEVER with or without "computer spectacles" I don't need or want contents of web pages blown out to +/- 150% as it now appears when I attempt to go about my daily browse. Attempts to rectify via Control Panel functions were futile. And that's how I set up my previous "view". WHY do this unannounced? Windows 10 settings menu has pre set [not customizable] zoom factors - 25% increments and further spoils my attempts to rectify view to comfortable settings. CTRL+/- function IS NOT WORKING at all in Thundermail hence it remains uncomfortable and highly inconvenient to access.
2.Yesterday30Jul22 I wasted hours trying to locate sensible help in Mozilla community - https://www.askvg.com/fix-ui-scaling-and-large-fonts-issues-in-firefox-103-and-later-versions/ was all I could find worth risking BUT DOES NOT WORK to restore my former view - yes, re check after several re starts of PC show "solution" installed permanently but no revision to my screen view. I guess Mozilla techs quickly out manoeuvred this Windows hack or his solutions don't apply to my older version. WHY has MOZILLA DONE THIS? WHAT IS IT GOING TO DO TO RESTORE COMFORTABLE SENSIBLE BROWSER VIEW??
3. This "change" achieves nothing for users like me, less than nothing. It just confirms the unguided missile of US style business still lays waste to all who engage with it. If I am required to learn how to fix my own issues then I'd prefer real control over it and proper support.
Tất cả các câu trả lời (2)
While there is not an easy way to revert this our product team did suggest this about:config preference change as the optimal solution at this time.
- In the address bar, type about:config and press the Enter key.
- The about:config warning page may appear. Click Accept the Risk and Continue to continue to the about:config page.
- In the search field, enter browser.display.os-zoom-behavior, select the pencil "edit" icon and change the number to 0.
- Select the check mark and restart Firefox.
They did note they would look into alternative options which may be present in a future update.
WARNING from the moderator team: Changing Firefox pref from the about:config page can sometimes break Firefox or cause strange behavior. You should only do this if you know what you're doing.
Please read Firefox advanced customization and configuration options to learn more.
The change that works for most users is to another preference. See the thread below.