Can't add or manage bookmarks
I wanted to add a bookmark and found that the commands for Manage Bookmarks, Bookmark Current Tab, and Bookmark All Tabs were all grayed out. I searched help topics and tried everything I could find:
• I deleted the old xulstore.json file. • I used the Firefox refresh feature. • I found Places Database and tried Verify Integrity. It reported that both databases are sane (I'm attaching a screenshot of the results). • I restarted the computer. • I quit Firefox and got info on the places.sqlite file. It is not locked.
Nothing so far has worked. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Tất cả các câu trả lời (1)
If "Verify Integrity" cannot repair places.sqlite, rename/remove all places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder with Firefox closed. Firefox will rebuild places.sqlite and restore the bookmarks from the most recent JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder.
- keep a backup copy of places.sqlite in case a new places.sqlite database has to be created
- you lose the history when a new places.sqlite is created
You may have to restore an older bookmarks backup in the bookmarkbackups folder via the Bookmarks Manager (Library).
- Bookmarks -> Show All Bookmarks -> Import & Backup -> Restore
You can use the button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page (Root directory).
- Help -> More Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder