Dark screen and menus
My current Theme is Dark Fox. But, previously my backgrounds and menus were all white and easy to read. Now for some reason they're black and difficult for me to deal with.
How do I reset to white and sync them on all my devices?
Tất cả các câu trả lời (5)
You can fix that by selecting a theme that has dark text on the tabs instead of light text.
You can change this pref on the about:config page from 3 to 2 to revert to the Firefox 94 behavior.
- layout.css.prefers-color-scheme.content-override [dark:0, light:1, system:2, browser:3]
You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. You can accept the warning and click "I accept the risk!" to continue.
Sorry, but none of this helped. Click here there click. Can't even find these places. Might by dumping Firefox if I can't tolerate the view after years of use and lots of donations.
WARNING from the moderator team: Changing Firefox pref from the about:config page can sometimes break Firefox or cause strange behavior. You should only do this if you know what you're doing.
Please read Firefox advanced customization and configuration options to learn more.
Do you currently use a dark theme in Windows?
I think that Firefox might be theming pages based on that setting.
My windows theme has always been personalized and I've never changed it. it has nothing to do with Firefox. Firefox loaded in an update and for whatever the reason it changed my background from light to dark. THAT is where the issue began.
All I'm getting here is a run around.
Just to confirm, this is related to last weeks' update:
Firefox 96 now harmonizes more parts of Firefox with your toolbar theme:
- Text on background tabs is light/white => Firefox uses a dark background on menus, the sidebar, the Library window, and various built-in pages
- Text on background tabs is dark/black => Firefox uses a light background on menus, the sidebar, the Library window, and various built-in pages
Therefore, the fastest workaround for now (until there is a better option) is to change your theme to one that uses dark text. That doesn't need to be blinding, it can have a colored background. As examples:
- Firefox Logo: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/firefox-b/
- Winter snow: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/blue-winter-snow/
- Green shoots: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/printania/
- Great wave: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/japan-style-kanagawa-gr-232767/
- Kitten: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/savage-black-kitten/
Alternately, if you want to delve into unofficial, community-supported userChrome.css modifications, there are some options for lightening the menus that way. (https://www.userchrome.org/firefox-89-styling-proton-ui.html#menucolors)